Monday, May 21, 2007

Brick Patio Approaching

We have finished painting around the patio. I did the wood, he did the concrete. It only took us about an hour and a half on Sunday. It looks really nice, I can't wait for the brick to be put down.

Wednesday we will get the wood so we can SCREED (a new word for me) the sand right into place after the stoneshooter puts it on the patio on Friday. They will bring 5 tons of sand and shoot it right into our lovely setup. Cross your fingers that the setup is done.

Before we can place the wood we have to remove everything from the patio, this includes the ugly steps which we haven't decided if we will replace or not. I'm not looking forward to cleaning under those stairs, I think there's sheet metal from years ago.

Pictures will follow on Wednesday.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the results!

    One question, what did you paint, the wood retaining wall? And why did you have to paint the concrete?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We stained the wood on the retaining wall and put protectant on the concrete at the base of the house.

    ReplyDelete