- Two gorgeous trees in the back corners of the yard.
- A cute little crab apple that must stay.
- A scrappy dogwood that is half dead ( I cut the ivy off of it last year)
- A couple of wild cherries that absolutely MUST go.
- Lots and lots and lots of ivy, I'm invaded by ivy.
- I've also got this japonaica bush which I stupidly planted in a stump last year, poor thing needs to be moved.
So I figure I have to come up with pretty shade gardens unless I cut down my big 70 year old trees (not going to happen). I went onto IVillage today. They have these great plans from country living. Take a look: http://magazines.ivillage.com/countryliving/garden/plans
You can limit by zone and everything on this site. I figure a few pot gardens. I like the tea one. An herb area (yeah I know, sun!) and then lots of hostas and maybe some crush & run paths. I hate my dead grass!
I'm guessing I'm going to have to start with a rototiller....