Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Peanut Butter Criscross - Cashew Butter Cookies

So my challenge this week was to see just how quickly I could go through three dozen Peanut Butter and Cashew Butter cookies. I made it to Tuesday, how's that?


I hadn't made peanut butter cookies in a while and the bright idea came from paging through Grandma Derse's family cookbook that my family made up a few years back. I am not a peanut butter fan, especially when it comes to mixing it with jelly or chocolate or anything else that is not a spoon, but turning those pages in that cookbook brought me back to my childhood when we would put our initials next to the ingredients to decide who got to put which ingredient in. (I must confess, the chocolate chips in the chocolate chip cookies were always the highlight). But here I had a huge craving for peanut butter cookies and what better way to stave off the salmonilla outbreak than cooking the peanut butter.


I confess I did not using Grandma's recipe, but pulled out ye ole Better Homes & Gardens cookbook (if you don't have it, shame on you, I'm not giving you the recipe!!). I did 1/2 crisco and 1/2 butter, the crisco adds the crunch that you don't get with the butter.


As for the cashew butter cookies, I used the same recipe and substituted the cashew butter for the peanut butter. I think the peanut butter ones were better, my sweetie did not agree. I think men are generally more into cashews than women. Well, they must have been good, they are gone, gone, gone!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh those look delicious- damn I wish I had some right now! I loveeee peanut butter cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah by tuesday...congradulations I guess. But where is mine?

    ReplyDelete