Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I've bought 'em

Saturday I went on a buying frenzy. I finally managed to get the Japanese Maple that I've been wanting to put in the front yard for a year. Now all we need is a big rock. It is a cut-leaf japanese maple that will take a bit of time to spread out but it looks pretty good. I'm going to put some marigolds around it and it's mulched already but very very exciting.



I also bought most of my herbs and tomatoes. Now Chris says he's already put his tomatoes in, but luckily it was raining all day Sunday so I did NOT get them planted. It's supposed to get down to 34 tonight, plants are coming into the living room. But I got some neat stuff.

5 tomato plants
-Mr. Stripey (see to the left)
-Pink Brandywine
-Yellow Plum (I got this about 4 years ago, yum)
-Big Beef (for canning)
-Marglobe (resistant to wilt!)




The herbs that I missed are:
-Nasturtums (I have to get these, they were so much fun last year)
- Greek oregano (the fuzzy one)
- Lemon verbena (they had it in the market, silly me)

Looking forward to planting on Sunday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment