Tuesday, June 12, 2007

2 choices

While I'm greatly enjoying sitting on my butt watching the garden grow, it is time to get back to work again. I have 2 choices for where to start.

The first is to fix up the box garden on the new patio. It looks lousy as it is always in the shade and there are daylillies planted there. What I need is a shade garden but I'm not so very big on hostas. I could plant a couple of ferns, maybe some columbine (seems to be the in thing this year), forget-me-nots, and maybe a bleeding heart and a shooting star (those are neat) but how to fill in a 1 foot by 14 foot space with a grill in front.

The second choice is to actually clean up the front yard between the sidewalk and the road. This is not a fun project. Last year I moved some of the daylillies from the back box garden and they are doing wonderfully but for the most part there is lots and lots of ivy, some withering heather that does splendidly until June hits and lots and lots of snow on the mountain (more each year in fact). Maybe I'll just leave that one for now. Any suggestions for what to do with the heather?

2 comments:

  1. I think you should relax and hang out on your lovely new patio with a beer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that. Sitting on your bum is so under appreciated these days.

    ReplyDelete